17 weeks is a big deal for me as a good friend of mine gave birth to and lost her son at 17 weeks about 9 months ago, making this a sort of milestone. I have lots of emotions about it and I am sure she does too. She reads this blog and I just want her to know I have been thinking about her all day and cannot wait until she is pregnant again.
I will be glad when next Saturday comes and this week is passed.
Complete change of topic, I went to a cookie exchange today with my LA Nestie group. I had such a great time! It's so much fun to put screen names to faces :) I had taken Thursday off work for my 1st annual Holiday Cookie Baking Day and made 8 different kinds of cookies. My mom, cousin Renee and friend S came over with baby Ella. They all helped thank goodness!!! I think I may have been a bit overambitious and never would have finished without them! The cookies came out great so I will have to try to do it again next year although it may be a little harder with a 6 month old!
We forgot to take a belly pic this morning so we will definitely do one tomorrow and get it posted Monday. My belly is definitely showing. We had our Christmas work party Friday and I had several people come up to me to say congrats. I think they may have whispered to each other "Diana is a bit fat, is she...?" It sure was fun to be congratulated! I even had one belly pat :) My friend Greg came over and held his hand over my belly and said "Can I?" Big smile on my part :) I don't think I will mind belly pats at all, especially when people ask first.... not sure about strangers though, that could creep me out.
5 comments:
Such heartbreaking news about your friend - sending her my thoughts. It is so fun meeting people that read your blog/comment/forums. ANd cookies are always a great ingredient in any mix! Glad you had such a fun time
The cookie exchange sounds like a lot of fun, and I agree with Farah about how fun it can be to meet online friends! Can't wait to see the new belly picture!!!
Can't wait to see the belly shots!
Thank you Diana for your special note
Debbie
Enjoy it all, you deserve it!
Post a Comment