Monday, December 03, 2007

16 weeks, 2 days

Wow, that seems far doesn't it? I remember reading other peoples blogs and seeing tickers on peoples signatures on the chat boards and if they were at 16 weeks or more it just seemed so far. Like they were really, really pregnant. Oh what I would have given even 3 months ago to know I would be this far some day.

Yesterday my grandmother told me that she and my grandpa had discussed it and they want to give us our rocker/glider for the nursery. WOW, I so appreciate it but more than that I was overwhelmed by the discussion to begin with. We can actually be talking about putting a rocker in the nursery. This isn't in the abstract, it will really happen. The crib didn't hit me in exactly the same way because it will be a little longer for that, the rocker can be the same day we pick it (possibly) It was just really special to talk about.

So Twiggy is the size of an avocado now (Jamie and I LOVE avocados!) and weighs about 1/2 pound. S/he will double weight/size in the next 3 weeks. :)

Last night we had a special dinner at grandma/grandpa's house. We celebrated grandpa's 91st birthday (will be on Tuesday) Here is a picture of the clan!



Top row: My uncle Tom (the one building the crib), Grandma, Jamie
Bottom Row: My mom, the birthday boy, me

and since we are in a picture mood, here is what else we did this weekend!


5 comments:

Meghan said...

Happy birthday to your Grandpa!! And is that the same sweet grandma that comments on here everyonce in awhile?

AwkwardMoments said...

WHat a sweet family!

ANd those candy cane's rock! Grats on 16 weeks. I do think about how FAR that is for me..

Courtney said...

Yay for avocados! And they ARE the best, aren't they? That is a great picture of your family and everyone looks really happy. Could that be because there is a little twiglet on the way???
:)

Morrisa said...

What a great time of year to celebrate Twiggy!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Grandpa!!! That is great that he's now 91! I'd love to hear all the stories that he could tell.
Your lights look great!